I’m so excited for Shannon and her family going to Japan for a holiday! (Insert envious squeal!!) It’s been on my list of places to visit since I took up Japanese in grade 8 and had a Japanese exchange student come stay with us. She was just adorable. “Kawaii !” was her favourite word and learning about Japan over the years there are so many reasons why you say it constantly. Kawaii means lovable, cute, and adorable and guessing what the shopping would be like over there I think it’s only fair I draw up a shopping list for Shannon to keep an eye out for all things kawaii on her amazing adventure.
Shannon’s Shopping List
2. 100 yen stores – I’m guessing these are similar to our $2/reject shop type stores but being in Japan I’m guessing this would be 100% kawaii for sure. Cute little teacups and little homeware things. You are sooo going to need bigger bags to take home Shannon and huge pockets to fill for the plane ride home.
4. Lollies and snacks – they are always beautifully wrapped, fit for a queen. They also have some crazy flavours so that should be a good laugh. Nothing too gross though please.
5. Hot spring (onsen) powder sachets that you can add to a bathtub of hot water – hot spring in your own bathroom in Australia! Not that one can possibly imagine a hot bath in this weather but this sounds sublime with a glass of vino in hand.
6. Sake – I’m not sure if this is kawaii as such but you may feel it after a few shots, just not in the morning.
8. Shu and Shiseido eyelash curlers – Definitely worthy of a looksy, Japanese women always have immaculate makeup, bit different to the makeup skills seen on Marry, Snog or Avoid however, hmmmm?!!
10. Loads of family snaps. For such a trip of a life time I do hope Shannon gets some amazing and beautiful shots – so much it will make us all want to pop Japan on top our list.
Have a wonderful trip lovely lady! Be sure to smile and say “Kawaii” to just about everything and oishi means tasty and mizu is water! Sweet to go, have fun xx
Jo is a Farmers wife, a mum to 2 mad TMNT fans, a concert lover and often dreams she a waitress in her random dreams. With her Bridget Jones hat on – she’s into recognising and celebrating those that go above and beyond! She can be found here and on Facebook.