Sale time can be time wasted if you’re not prepared! Do not let this be you – ha ha!
So, here are my top tips for clothes shopping this Sale Time, just for you!
1. If you’re like me you’re already well aware of what your wardrobe is lacking. If you’re not, do it now. Have a look at what you have & what’s missing before you go shopping. You want to fill in those blanks, not create more!!
2. Take a list of things you are actually looking to purchase. This should prevent you from straying from looking at items you’re not there to buy.
3. During the season, keep an eye on big ticket items you can’t justify buying there & then. Try them on when you see them without the crowds. If you really love them it’s likely they’ll come on sale later & when they do you can jump on in & pick them up without the fuss.
4. Try clothes on before you buy them. Sale items are quite often sale items for a reason – they are a bad fit or damaged. Get a good look at what you’re buying & if you can’t try the item on, make sure you check that you can return the item for a refund.
5. Comfy clothes are ideal to wear when shopping for clothes in the Sale – shoes that you can get on & off easily & quickly are a must have! Layers are great too in case you can’t actually get into a change room – your best knickers & a cami will mean you can make a quick change in semi public!
6. Lastly, if you see something you love on sale & they don’t have your size in stock, be sure to ask if they can call their other stores. Another great idea is to head back home & look for it online. The same sale offers are there with usually more stock!
7. Time, allow yourself plenty of time. Arm yourself with a bottle of water & a smile. Use your manners – with other shoppers & with the retail staff! Take your time & enjoy it!
Have you hit up the Boxing Day sales? What did you get???
Follow these links to get the best of the sales online (plus my sale picks just for you!)
ASOS – up to 50% off! I’ve got a glitter themed Hens Night coming up & this skirt will be perfect! Down to $60 from $120 it’s a steal!